Tuesday, June 2, 2009

where has this man been all my life?

stumbled across this as i was mindlessly clicking links on twitter - http://www.williamkwolfrum.com/ where has this man been all my life?????? this guy is GREAT!

but on the other hand he makes my shallow and self-serving online chatter seem even more insignificant. i didn't finish college, any looks i have are based on pure artificiality and i'm stuck in a 4-stoplight town in alaska. nope - not much of a chance of undiscovered genius here. the only hope i have is to occasionally make people feel like they are in a smoky room with a 2 drink minimum........... and we're talking open mike night on a slow tuesday.....

i more than recognize my limitations. my only hope is to come up with the occasional zinger that'll either (a) result in a bemused smile/chuckle or (b) total shock and damnation of my soul. either response is fine with me. actually i do prefer option (b) - the 4 year old inside of me still likes to make the grownups stammer and turn funny colors. only now i use satire rather than poo-poo jokes.

anyway, enough of wallowing in my inadequacies (although even pity works for me on a slow day). i'll never realize genius (destroyed way too many brain cells in the 70's, 80's, 90's, etc. etc.) but even a total moron can come up with something funny once in a while. at least i'll pin my hopes on my total moron theory.....

1 comment:

  1. Glad my writing made you feel terrible about yourself! Or something like that ;)

    Keep this in mind, however: I spent ages 21 to 30 in Alaska, bartending on 4th avenue, working as a carny and a commercial fisherman. So I burned plenty of brain cells up there. Which I suppose means there's hope? ;)

    Seriously, thanks for the nice words. And Alaska rules ;)

    Bill

    ReplyDelete